GLOVER ESSAYS: community
control of food, fuel, housing, health care,
planning, education, finance.
Seize Wall Street
We need to do more than Occupy Wall Street.
We need to take it over.
1. Start REGIONAL STOCK EXCHANGES to gather capital of all kinds for green jobs and green cities.
2. MOVE OUR MONEY into communty banks and credit unions. Require that they host REVOLVING LOAN FUNDS for low-interest or interest-free loans to green jobs, green cities, organic farms and clean fuels.
3. PRINT OUR OWN MONEY backed by our labor, skills, tools, and land.
CONNECT to health co-ops, insulation,
bicycling, walking, trollies and trains, urban
orchards, local stores rather than chains.
5. DISCONNECT from utility grids, cars and highways, crooked elections, wars.
6. LET RAGE TRICKLE UP. The rich claim they don't need us (Atlas Shrugged). As we do the above, we prove we don't need them either.
GREENPLANNERS consults for the above.Paul Glover is founder of Ithaca HOURS local currency, Philadelphia Orchard Project (POP), League of Uninsured Voters (LUV), Citizen Planners of Los Angeles, Patch Adams Free clinic, Ithaca Health Alliance and a dozen more groups that transfer power to America's grassroots. He is author of Health Democracy, Green Jobs Philly, Hometown Money, A Crime Not a Crisis. [email protected]