Free Nation Day
Today, September 11, is hereafter a holiday for reaffirming that the United States of America is the land of the free and home of the brave by:
* Reading the Bill of Rights aloud to family and friends.
* Demanding repeal of the so-called Patriot Act, which repeals the Bill of Rights.
* Demanding repeal of the Federal Reserve Board.
* Demanding 50% reduction of the national war budget and transfer of this amount to energy efficiency, infrastructure repair, schools and nonprofit health care.
savings to locally-owned banks.
* Shopping with locally-owned stores or local farmers.
* Registering to vote as an independent.
* Endorsing campaign finance reform, so that candidates independent of corporations may be elected.
* Demanding an end to the Presidential Debate Commission, which is owned by large corporations, and demanding free campaign access to public airwaves by all candidates.
* Demanding removal of electronic voting machines.
* Relying on independent media rather than network media.
* Taking train or transit and leaving the car at home.